Today was a wonderful day! I went to class and got my first graded assignments back and I did pretty well. This was a great relief because I was so worried about my ability to produce "master's level work". But it turns out I'm still here treading water.
Jared had his much anticipated interview for the Theater Technical Support job at Exeter College. I met him after class and we walked to where his interview was and had a light lunch across the street. Afterward I kissed him good bye, wished him good luck, and told him I'd pray for him. I tried to pass the next hour and a half by not worrying too much. I prayed for Jared a lot that he would just do well and that he would be happy with how his interview went.
At about 3:20 I got a call from him as he was walking home after the interview. He said that he was really excited about how the interview went. He told me all about how he was so energized because he knew what he was talking about, unlike a few other job interviews he's been on where he had no experience in those fields...i.e. data entry. When he got home he was on this huge high and he said that they would get back to him about the position in a few days.
About a half an hour later, Jared's phone ran and it was Exeter College offering him the job!! Oh my gosh that was amazing! Jared wrote down all of the info like when he was to start and things like that and after he got off the phone we did a happy dance in the kitchen. Full time work...and with stuff he knows! This job opportunity was big "Thank you, Lord!". So, we've been celebrating ever since he got the news. He'll start work on December 1st and work about 37 hrs per week on salary. Not only was getting the job offer exciting, but they told Jared he'd hear from them in a few days, and it wasn't even an hour since he left the interview that they called him and offered him the job!
Tonight, our celebration culminates with ordering Domino's Pizza, a luxury for us here!
4 comments:
Yeah! That is so great! Congratulations Jared!!
Yay!!! I knew that a job like that opening there was a sign of good things to come!!
I've also had a good day as I found out we get Baker Square Pies for a b-day treat today, and I won a Toys R Us GC in a contest today:)
Way to go Jared!! How exciting! :)
Fantastic! This news brought us joy! Let's Skype. We are mailing your Upper Landing stuff today
P&M
Post a Comment