Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back

I'm back in Exeter after traveling around the UK and France with my parents. It was a lot of fun to travel with them as this was their first trip overseas.

When they got in I met them in Exeter and showed them around the town and where we live. Then we left for Edinburgh and saw many of the sights there. We also took a day trip to the highlands. I'm so in love with the Scottish highlands, I don't think I'll ever get sick of going up there. After we left Edinburgh we flew to Paris. The main reason for coming to France was so that we could take a tour of Normandy and Omaha Beach and see where the D-Day landings took place. My dad is a big WWII buff, so we had to make sure he got there to see it. We spent the next day in Paris touring the big sites like Notre Dame and the Louvre before we flew to London that night. One of the things that was a little surreal was watching the news in Paris as they covered the floods in North Dakota. It's kind of strange to fly all the way to Paris and then see your home on the news! Jared had to work most of the time my parents were here, but he was able to fly out to Paris and spend those few days with us before heading back to Exeter. In London, again, we did a lot of the big sites like Westminster Abby, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, and the Houses of Parliament. On the last day my dad toured the HMS Belfast while my mom and I had tea at Harrods. That was a lot of fun to do girly things with my mom!

We had a lot of fun but we were all ready to go home. All that travel and sightseeing is hard work. Plus, my dad's new car was delivered to the dealership while they were away and I know he was anxious to pick it up.

No comments: