I (Carey) got my wisdom teeth out last Friday. The experience itself was fine. It actually went a lot smoother than I thought. One minute I was watching them stick the IV in me, the next I was waking up with a mouth full of gauze. I got to lie around the apartment for a few days and Jared waited on me hand and foot. He took such good care of me. He made me mashed potatoes and even went to Moscow on the Hill to get me some of my favorite dessert, white Russian tiramisu. He even programmed his phone alarm to go off every time I needed to take my meds. What a great guy!
However, I woke up to throbbing pain in my jaw and ear early Monday morning. After I took some pain meds I was able to sleep, but when I got up the next morning the pain was still there. More pain meds were taken and I got ready to go to work. As I was leaving for work I got a call from the dentist’s office and they said it wasn’t normal for me to be having pain like that so I made an appointment for later that day and went into work. After about two hours at would, I couldn’t take the pain anymore and just went into the dentist’s. You guessed it, dry sockets. I got one side packed and they sent me on my way. However, my right side still hurt, but I endured it until Wednesday when I was to go back and have my left side re-packed. However, when I got there, there was only a nurse and she said she couldn’t pack my right side because she didn’t have the authority to diagnose anything. So I made an appointment for the next day. The dentist packed both sides and sent me on my way. Unfortunately one side was packed very loosely and came out. So I had to go back today to get it re-packed, again. So I have been to the dentist every day this week, save Tuesday. I have another appointment on Monday. Hopefully the worst part is over and it’ll be better from here on out!
No comments:
Post a Comment