Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jared and I started to go through our things the other day and pack them up in anticipation of our big move. We packed up a bunch of things and took them up to my parents' house for save keeping. Namely, we took our china and things that were special for us like things from our wedding, pictures, and old journals and sentimental things. Hopefully all of our furniture will fit in Jared's parents' basement. There's still a lot of books, appliances, DVDs and videos, decorations, and Christmas decorations. Granted, we have a lot more stuff than I thought we did, but when I really think about it, we only have to clean out the contents of a 600 sq foot apartment. How bad can it be? (Oh, famous last words.)

This weekend we are up at my parents' house because Dana, Lynae, and I are singing at my home church's 125th anniversary. I was told tales of how I was just a wee one at the 100th anniversary celebration. Hopefully, I'll remember this one more.

The quest for the elusive student visa continues. Paperwork paperwork paperwork! This is the last big challenge we have to get through, and then we'll have all of our ducks in a row. We were excited to find out last week that we were offered student married housing! Oh, that was such a relief. Now all I have to do is show up and get a key in order to have someplace to live. No searching! Hopefully, this visa thing will be over by next week. *crossing fingers*

No comments: