We're here! Carey arrived to Exeter on Sunday, and I just got in yesterday. First impressions are good. Exeter is a great city. It's very picturesque. Outside our widow are rolling green hills with sheep grazing, but first are the train tracks with quite a few trains inconveniently roaring by at certain hours of the day. The university is up atop a hill, and it's quite a hike to get up there. Even to get into town, which is about a 15 minute walk, is solid incline. We're going to be in excellent shape by the time we come back!
The city center has quite a few shops. Everything we need is there. Today we bought some milk, cereal, Iron Brew, and a quickcam for video calling. We also had lunch with Carey's MA mates. (Yup. I did just say 'mates'.) They're from all over the place: South Africa, Ireland, Italy, and Slovenia.
Carey starts classes on Monday. I need to find a job. I'll start looking tomorrow. Today I need to unpack. And sleep.
1 comment:
Glad you arrived safely!
Let me know if you want to test out skpe or something :-)
Post a Comment