Friday, September 19, 2008

Hooray and Happiness

I came to the realization, confirmed by my aunt Kristi, that I only blog when I am worried or having a bad day. Maybe it's a way for me to unload my craziness. But this one is different! Jared and I are in North Dakota visiting family before we leave and I was still worried about the visas when we left and even gave my sister a key to our mailbox to check it a few times while we were gone. However, yesterday I got an email from the British Consulate stating that our visas were approved and they were being shipped overnight to our address! Oh the relief was wonderful! I'm pretty sure I slept the soundest I had in weeks last night. I called our apartment building's rental office and verified that they would sign for our packages and keep them for us until we got back and this morning I got a call from UPS confirming that the package will be delivered today! So we will be able to take the flights we books months ago and all will be well.

On a different note, as I said, Jared and I are in North Dakota staying with my parents. On Wednesday night we went out to eat with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins who could make it. It was really nice to spend the evening with everyone. I know that Thanksgiving is going to be hard for me, not being able to be with my family at that time. Hopefully Jared's schedule will permit us coming home for Christmas. That's the plan right now, anyway.

It's really hard to believe as I sit here in my parents' living room that I only have five days left in the US. I'm getting a little nervous for school. I hope I can keep up with everything. I know it will be stressful, and even though I am worried, I'm also very excited!

No comments: