On Friday (May Day) We had a bunch of our friends over to watch The Wicker Man. I really like this movie, and I'll tell you why...although most of the movie is really weird and sometimes boring, I *love* the end. I think it's creep-tastic, and I'm all about the creepy endings! The vision of the wicker man standing on the shore scares the heck out of me, and I love it! I would really recommend watching this movie (make sure it's the first one, made in the 70's. Don't waste your time with the Nick Cage version.) the whole way through. You won't regret it!
I also was able to make Rice Krispy bars, something I haven't done in a while. I love baking (although, technically rick krispy bars aren't baked) but I never do it, as I always end up eating what ever treat I have made. but since we had people over, I decided to whip something up.
I also introduced telephone pictionary. It is the best game I have yet encountered in all my years on this planet. Jared introduced it to Bethel two years ago and my sister informed me that they are still playing it at cast parties! We had laugh riot!
In other news, Jared has applied to some theatre tech jobs in the states; one in California and one in Iowa. Hopefully they will lead to some offers, but we'll see. Our plan is to try to apply to jobs in the states, but if we don't have any offers by August, then we'll stay in the UK for a little while longer, since we both have jobs here now. However, I do find myself missing Minneapolis more and more. I would really like to go back there soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment