Monday, August 17, 2009

Updates on our life in Limbo

Jared had a job interview for Fargo Public Schools last week and we thought it would be really promising. They were only interviewing four people for the job. Unfortunately, they didn't offer it to Jared and now our lives are spun into a frenzy. I didn't realize how much we were counting on this job to come through.

Now we have decisions to make. Stay here for another six months (at least) or just go back to Minneapolis and try to find jobs? We still don't know the answer to this. I will be going back to the States as soon as my dissertation is to be handed in. I fly out from London on Sept 2. I'll be there for two weeks, following up with potential employers and scoping out apartments. Meanwhile, Jared will remain in Exeter so he'll be ready to get an apartment quickly if nothing pans out for us in the Cities.

It's really hard to know what to do in these instances. We could stay for six months with Jared's job, but we'll just be back in the same position after that time is up. We have both decided that we really want to come home, but we don't know when that is going to be. *sigh* Someone send us a sign!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Move to Minneapolis. We will have fun again. End of story :)