Friday, February 25, 2011

...And we're back

So, I decided to revive the blog. I had no idea how many people actually checked it. I think I'll be better and keeping up with it from here on out. I know I've made that promise before, but people can change! Actually, I stopped because I thought no one was reading it and I was just putting my crazy ramblings out there in the vacuum of cyberspace. But it turns out people do care, and so I've decided to give the people what they want.

I also changed up the design. I decided to go with the travel theme, because, although we are not traveling now, it is a big part of my life and I know I'll always be going somewhere or planning a trip. In two years we're going to Australia. That'll be fun! I can check it off my "continents to visit" list. After Australia, I only have South America. Hopefully I'll get there soon. I'm thinking Peru. We'll see. I have a huge wanderlust!

First up, we bought a house in December. We started "looking" last fall, and really that's all we thought we were going to do. But this house stole our hearts and we decided that it had to be ours. So far, we're loving being homeowners, but we are also getting used to having to fix things and pay for repairs ourselves. Bah! But I guess it's worth it. Honestly, though, Jared has been doing a lot more for the house than I am. I am so amazed how quickly he has become Mr. Fixit. I think it's a man thing and that either at a certain age or when they buy a house this dormant talent that they had suddenly springs to life. He's fixing things that I don't even know what they are! But seriously, I love that he's so handy. I joked with him before we signed the closing papers saying "Are you sure you're ready for this? Owning a house is going to be a bigger responsibility for you than it is for me.". But so far so good! I'll post pictures soon.

Also, last summer we started a theatre company with some of our friends and fellow theatre people. This winter we completed our first production and I'm feeling really proud of the production and everything we accomplished. We also were very fortunate to work with some really great artists and hopefully we'll keep growing from here. We are deep in the planning process for our next production of the Medieval English Cycle plays. It's going to be a big one and sometimes I get worried that I'm not up to the task. Everything is happening so quickly. We have auditions in March and then begin rehearsals in April and perform in June. *scared!* I hope I can at least come across as if I know what I'm doing.

Finally, as I type this I have a lot of time on my hands today because it is my last day of work at the job I've been at for about a year. The owners are selling the building and so I started looking for other employment just to keep my options open. I sent out two resumes a couple of weeks ago and was offered another job. Since there is so much instability from my current position, I took it. Although it was a hard decision because I really love my job now and it's hard to leave my coworkers when we're such a good team. But it will be nice not to wonder if I'll have a job next month or not. Unemployment won't pay the mortgage!

No comments: