I had a little bit of a freak out yesterday. I thought I had a plan for my loans, but I found out the Wells Fargo does not do international loans. And thus the panic began. I have to have all of this done by July 1st. And it is my own fault that I had not gotten this done before. But that's when the stress really mounts.
I, of course, went to my default plan which is to call my mother and cried about everything to her. And, in her motherly way, she said she would help in what ever way she can. That made me feel better for a little while, but everything kept rising back up so I called Katie, who earned her master's at St. Andrew's last year. She assured me the Brits are backwards and that I can apply for my loans before I hear back from the school. I finally began to see light and I took my first un-stressed breath.
Meanwhile, I'm freaking out about my job. I know that I'm leaving in a few weeks and my friends think that I just shouldn't care, but I really hope that I am leaving in a positive light. My boss has been taking away a lot of my responsibilities, which she said she would do back when I told her I would be leaving for grad school. But now I just feel like I'm being demoted. Today she informed me that the new site manager will be taking over the duties at my buildings at the beginning of July and that I will just be pushing paper and answering phones at the main office. That I didn't have too much of a problem with, but she asked me if I wanted to go down to 30 hrs a week. This is what made my palms sweat a bit. I told her that I wanted to stay at my 40+ hrs per week and she said "alright". Which, of course, I am now trying to analyze the hell out of. Do they really need to push me toward the door so quickly, when I'll be gone in 10 weeks? Am I really that bad of an employee? I feel like I've been doing alright, and I've even turned some things around for the better here. Still, I have that fear and I may not be doing as well as I think I am...
No comments:
Post a Comment