Sunday, January 25, 2009

Breath

I handed in my final essay on Friday. What a relief! I wasn't 100% happy with how it turned out, but it's done and now I can take a breath. For the past two and a half weeks, since Jared and I got back from the States I've had a routine of getting up around 1:30 PM, doing some errands, going to the library, taking a break to see Jared when he comes home from work, and then working on my final essays and projects from about 7 PM - 4:30 AM. It has not taken the best toll on my body, but that time of night is really good for me to work in. No distractions. I confess that Jared is a big distraction in my homework. When he's home I don't want to work, I want to spend time with him. This is especially true when I work in our extra room while he's reading in the bedroom. It is so tempting to go in there and hang out. So, I knew that at 7, when it was time for me to go to work I had to leave the apartment and would either go to the library or to the computer lab in the drama buildings. I really would get a lot more work done there, but then I would usually come home around midnight or 1 AM and work in the extra room while Jared slept.

But now the essays are finally done and I get to relax. But, as is always the case, I get bored very easily. I was looking forward to this break and now it hasn't even been two days and I don't know what to do with myself. My second semester doesn't officially start until Feb 11, when I have my first day of class. That's almost three weeks off! Relaxing, yes, but also dull...especially when Jared has to work. I've been thinking about taking on a part time job myself. I plan to go to the employment office on campus tomorrow. So, hopefully that will keep me occupied and make some extra money besides. Otherwise, I plan to go up the Bristol some time and visit Katie and probably do some extra reading to try to figure out what I want to do my dissertation on. That's going to be my next big worry.

Other than that, Jared and I are planning to go to London next Saturday to celebrate my birthday! We're going to see The Woman in Black. It's a show that has been running in the West End for about twenty years. It's a thriller ghost story. I've never seen it before but everyone that I've talked to who has said that I must go and that it's wonderful! I'm very excited!!

No comments: