Tuesday, September 8, 2009

You take it on faith, you take it to the heart. But the waiting is the hardest part.

Remember that song? Well, the meaning rings true for Jared and me.

Jared is still in England and I am in the US. My parents are amazing and offered me a ticket home so Jared and I could figure stuff out. I realize that sounds like we're having marital troubles. Let me assure you that we couldn't be happier. But we are trying to figure out what our next move is now that my dissertation is finished. Do we stay in the UK or come back to the US? Jared's job is a permanent position so we could stay and live off of what he earns while I find a part time job. Plus, we found out that a few lecturing hours are coming available at Exeter College and Jared has put my resume in for that position. I would really like to get some experience in teaching since it's what I really want to do. But we'll see. We also want to travel some more around the UK and Europe. We still haven't seen Oxford, Northern Ireland, Wales, Rome, or Athens. Those are our big spots we still want to hit before we go home.
On the other hand, we miss being home and after a year of the both of us living off the equivalent of $25,000 per year, I'm excited for a little more stability. The question is, when will that come if we come home? When that happens neither of us will have a job.

Oh the stress!

No comments: