Since Wednesday everything has been happening in a blur. I was offered the job I wanted with REE! Whoo hoo! It should be a lot of work, but I'm also excited. Jared had to put in his resignation at his job and I've had to get an apartment here. All of this is was done by Friday! So, we'll be able to move into our apartment when I get back. Oh yeah, I'm going back to England on Monday to help Jared tie up some loose ends. I'll be back on Saturday the 26th and I start work on the 28th. So much going on!
But let me take a time out to talk about how awesome parents are! My parents offered me a ticket home so I could come and look for a job. That blew my mind! Then, they offered to pay for my plane ticket back from England! I never asked, and I even protested a little, telling them that we were adults and we were supposed to do things by ourselves. Their reasoning was (which was quite true) that we simply didn't have enough money to do all of this by ourselves. As I've said before, Jared and I have been living this past year on the equivalent of $25,000 per year (before taxes!). And two people living off of that income doesn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room for intercontinental travel. So, it is my awesome parents to the rescue! It is just really great to know that there is the support system...no questions asked, no strings attached or pay backs necessary. I want to be like that with my kids someday.
Anyhow, here's the plan: I fly back to the UK on Monday. Jared and I will be staying in a hotel in Exeter since we had to be out of our University accommodation today and we are now homeless! Jared had to put in a month's notice at his job and he's planning to talk to his supervisors to see if that can somehow be shortened under the circumstances, but he won't be able to do that until Monday. So, we'll be finalizing bills with the University, packing things to go back to the States, and making sure we haven't forgotten anything. Then I fly back to Minneapolis on Saturday and I start work on Monday, the same day I move into our new apartment. Our lives will be crazy for the next few weeks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment