Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back...again

Once again, I am back from travels around the country. Lynae came to visit and we took her around to see the sights. However, it did not go as we had planned. Two days before Lynae came I got sick. So sick, I was laid up in bed, which hasn't happened for a very long time! But, I was on the mend by the time I went to pick her up at the bus station. We had a great time in Exeter and I got to show her a little of where we live.
After a few days, we left for Scotland, and that's where the trouble started. We went on a day trip to tour the highlands, which was always gorgeous, but Lynae had started to feel a little yucky. The next day, we awoke to still sick Lynae and newly developed eye infection for Carey. Good times. We sat outside of Boots (the pharmacy) until they opened for drugs. I joked that we must look like plague victims. Well, we got our drugs and were on our way.
Sadly, the next day Lynae was worse, but we still had to do the castle in Edinburgh, so I dragged her through it. Then we flew to London, where she got even worse the next day. Again, I dragged her through the Tower on London, but decided that we needed to spend the rest of the day back at the hotel. Finally, the next day Lynae started to feel better and we could go out and have fun sight seeing. I took her to see the big stuff and we went to the imperial War museum. Pretty interesting stuff. However, we would have been able to see a lot more if there hadn't been a tube strike going on! We had to take a bus a lot of the places we went, but the problem was, so did everyone else. We'd wait for a half and hour at the stop for a bus that was supposed to come every 7 minutes. Then, when it did finally come, it was so full, it couldn't take on any more passengers. We had tickets for Oliver! in a theater that was about four miles away, so I figured if we left an hour and a half early, we'd make it. Wrong! Again, no luck at the bus stop and not a taxi to be found, we started walking. I knew we would never make it on foot, but I felt that if we were walking, at least we were moving toward our destination. Finally, or rather, miraculously, we found an available taxi and made it in the nick of time to see the show!

All in all, it was a lot of fun, apart from the sickness and strikes. Lynae is feeling a lot better and I think I'm almost done with my eye infection. I don't have my contacts in right now, so I blame any typos on that!

P.S. Jared got a "thanks, but no thanks" letter from Iowa about the job. Phh, what do they know? We're still waiting to hear from Montana, 2 in Illinois, and NY. Fingers are still crossed.

No comments: