Monday, June 29, 2009

I don't know...

Today, Jared got an e-mail from one of the theaters he applied for, wanting to contact him for a phone interview. At first I was really excited! This was especially so because it's in St. Cloud, MN, which is only about 45 minute drive from Minneapolis. And, if he got the job that would mean he would be working in his field and we would be able to move relatively close to home!

However, the thought then hit me that we would leave Exeter as soon as August. And I don't know if I'm ready to do that. I almost started crying thinking of leaving all the wonderful friends we have made here. Tonight, Jared and I were in a staged reading of two plays our friends had written and we were talking about this fall and how we might all put up a show together. I got really excited about that! I've been missing my family a lot, and missing Minneapolis...especially in the summer! But am I ready to leave here? I wouldn't mind leaving Exeter, truth be told. But it's the people here that I am going to miss!

This whole thing is a really bitter sweet though, because Jared has been applying for so many jobs and we've been praying that something would turn up...and now that it has, I'm sad. I guess Oscar Wilde was right: "There are only two tragedies in the world; one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it."

1 comment:

megan said...

Change is always hard. I can relate because I've moved around so much (California to Wisconsin to Minnesota, and then back to California...with a few other stops in-between). Change makes me appreciate the here and now. :) I know God has such great plans for you two and I'm excited to see where you end up!