Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July fun

We had a fantastic fourth of July celebration yesterday! Jared, our friend Amanda, and I knew we would be homesick for the good old US of A and decided we would have a picnic. We invited our drama friends along and it made for a really nice time. Amanda, being the awesome planner that she is, brought pasta and potato salad (which made me very homesick!). I brought a cake with strawberries and blueberries set in whipped cream to resemble the flag. Not perfect, but I think you got the idea from looking at it. Amanda also brought eggs for an egg toss! Classic picnic game. Team Jared/Kris emerged the victors. They were pros! Next we had a three legged race. I don't mind bragging that Jared and I took the gold on that one! We also went around the picnic blanket and sang the national anthem from our respective countries. It was so fun to hear other peoples' anthems. Some of them even had several versus! Crazy!

After that amazing food and fun activities, we played two wonderful rounds of telephone pictionary. Then Kim pulled out some sparklers!! That made my day! So we lit the sparklers and twirled around with the miniature American flags Amanda brought and sang the national anthem at the top of our lungs.

Afterward, we went to Amanda's were we played a fabulous game of Charades. I was surprised how clever people were in acting out the clues! I'm really terrible at acting things out in charades. I'm so not as clever as Kris acting out the clue "D-Day". Amazing!

Anyway, as always here are some photos of our 4th of July celebration abroad. Enjoy!

















































No comments: