Monday, June 1, 2009

We're so popular!

Starting last week and continuing on through next week, Jared and I have been/will be bombarded by visitors...but in a good way! Last week Jared took the train to meet his parents in Bath. They spent a night there, then traveled on to London, and then finally to Exeter where they spent a few nights. Sadly, I was traveling and working a lot so I didn't get to spend too much time with them, but Jared assures me that they had a great time!

Last Thursday I took the Eurostar train from London to Paris to visit my friend Lindsay and her husband Antonio. We had a grand day in Paris filled with Napoleon, the Paris Opera House, wine, and Nutella crepes!! Not gonna lie, those crepes were pretty much the best thing ever! We tried to go to the catacombs, but they were closed. Then, when we wanted to go inside the Paris Opera House, they were closed. It was kind of a bummer, but at the same time, I was hanging with friends whom I hadn't seen in years, so it was actually really nice to sit at a little cafe with some wine and just chat. And all too soon it was time to go home.

I stopped off in Bristol and spent the night at Katie's place. It was nice to visit with her and Kai before they leave to spend the month of June in the states. I'm exceedingly sad that she and our friend Emily will be attending Heather's wedding in Mexico on Friday. Because of money and time, I wasn't able to go, but I know it will be great. I'm sad I won't be there.

Next, continuing the visiting trend, Lynae flies in on Wednesday. She'll be spending a few days here in Exeter and then her, Jared, and I will be going off to Edinburgh. After that, Jared will fly home to Exeter and Lynae and I will be off to London for the last few days before she has to fly home. We've got a lot of stuff planned and it should be a lot of fun, particularly because Lynae has not been to UK before.

I don't know what I'm going to do when all these visits are over! ...oh yeah...my dissertation...

No comments: